Brief description of fishery:
- Killington Reservoir
- Located approximately 1 mile from Junction 37 of the M6 Motorway situated in picturesque countryside.
- This 37-acre Lake is ideally located for Visiting Anglers being so near to the Motorway. There is also a Motel at the Killington Services.
- The Lake is rapidly becoming well known for the quality of the fishing and is great value for money.
- Fishing is ideal for both the Coarse and Game Angler.
- Visitors welcome
- The Lake once supplied water to the Lancaster and Kendal Canal (which unfortunately is now mostly filled in, though there are long term plans to rebuild the canal system once again connecting Lancaster with Kendal by water)
- The Fishery is open 365 days per year or 366 in a leap year!
- The Fishery is open to non-Kent (Westmorland) Angling Association Members as well as Full Season Members. So Visitors can buy a Day or Season Ticket.
- The Association stocks the Lake between March and June with Brown Trout of around 1.2 lbs
- A number of Wild Brown Trout offer interesting sport some of the larger ones have survived previous encounters of Catch and Return.
- Brown Trout Season runs from 15th March until 30th September
- Fishing is from the Banks only
- Bag limit 2 fish per Angler per day
- Special Day and Season Permits are available
- Only worm, spinning, and fly methods are permitted when trout fishing.
- Only one rod may be used at any one time when fishing for trout unless
two permits are purchased.
- Killington is particularly known for its good Pike fishing with specimen fish of 20 lbs being taken.
- There are large shoals of Roach also present, the lake is fast becoming known amongst specialist Anglers fishing solely for these.
- Other fish such as Perch and Bream are also regularly found and caught.
- Day fishing only, no night fishing.
No Canoes or boats are allowed on the Lake and Bailiffs are on hand.
- Maggots (in the Brown Trout Close season i.e. 1 October to 14 March inclusive)
and sweetcorn may be used when coasre fishing only.
- The use of power baits is banned at all times
Located approximately 1 mile from Junction 37 of the M6 Motorway, Cumbria
Access & Parking
There is carp park for anglers halfway along the south bank.
- Brown Trout